Founder and Co-Artistic Director
Director, Writer, App Designer, Music Director, Lyricist, Collaborating Actor, Actor, Musician, Sound Designer, Promotion Photographer
Ivor Houlker is a multidisciplinary performer and theatre artist, who works internationally as an actor, musician and director. He specialises in physical theatre and site-specific performances, involving live music, choral movement, multimedia projection, sound installation, and audience interaction. Ivor also writes computer programmes/apps to make new types of interaction possible.
- Director: Superheroes Don't Give a Sh*t!, Testimony, The Furies Variations, The Beautiful Ones, Not The Maids, Milk and Honey, No Exit
- Writer: A Series of Unexpected Events
- App Designer: The Beautiful Ones, Lost Shoreline
- Music Director: A Series of Unexpected Events
- Lyricist: A Series of Unexpected Events
- Collaborating Actor: The Beautiful Ones, Milk and Honey
- Actor: Dunsinane, Faustus
- Musician: The Furies Variations
- Sound Designer: Wild Boar, Doubt, The Memory of Water
- Promotion Photographer: Lost Shoreline, Milk and Honey, The Beautiful Ones, Testimony, The Furies Variations
Ivor’s own work has been shown in London, Hong Kong, Edinburgh, Brighton, Prague, Palermo, Epidaurus, Wrocław, Warsaw and Lublin. He has worked with many famous theatre groups and independent theatre artists around Europe, such as OPT Gardzienice, The Grotowski Centre, Andrzej Wełmiński (Cricot2), Mischa Twitchin (Shunt), Helen Chadwick (Song Theatre), Andrea Cusumano.
Ivor’s movement training comes from different masters in Europe: Włodzimierz Staniewski (Gardzienice), Jerzy Grotowski, and Tadeusz Kantor. He also teaches workshops in physical theatre, actor training and polyphonic singing.